Social Skills Classes for Autistic Children now available ONLINE. “Social Skills” is a buzz word we have to use so that you will find us in a search. What we teach in this class is in fact communication or what we like to call “non-autistic language”. It is the ONLY course of its kind. The idea that Autistic children and adults lack social skills was an inaccurate one. Current research shows that Autistic people have a social communication unique to us. Just like non-autistic people do. Our skills are not faulty or deficient but are just different to the majority of typical people.
Our social skills classes online for Autistic children do not approach teaching non-autistic social skills as the gold standard. Instead we give children and young people opportunities to explore their own communication, make new friends and learn how to advocate for themselves and to interpret non-autistic language and culture.
What makes our social skills course unique?
-it has been designed by Evaleen, founder of Konfident Kidz. Evaleen is Autistic and has developed this course to teach children a language used by non-autistic people.
- Evaleen designed this course based on her own experience of growing up, she has included what she feels will help children best to understand and respond to other people around them.
- Evaleen is also very much involved in the Autistic Community and has found much of her experience in growing up is reflected in other adults in the community.
- This course respects the different ways Autistic children communicate.
- This course respects the different learning systems that children have.
- This autism course for kids is designed so that children have fun while they are learning in a way that suits them.
- It is taught through movement, discussion and practice and activity.
TIMES FOR UK & IRELAND :
5-7yrs Thursday 3.30pm to 4.10pm GMT
5-7yrs Saturday 11.15am to 11.55am GMT
5-7yrs Saturday 4.30pm to 5.10pm GMT
8-12yrs Wednesday 4.15pm to 4.55 pm GMT
8-12yrs 4.15pm to 4.55pm GMT
8-12yrs Saturday 8.45am to 9.25am GMT
8-12yrs Saturday 12.00 to 12.40pm GMT
8-12yrs Saturday 5.15pm to 5.55 pm GMT
13-15yrs Wednesday 5 pm to 5.40pm GMT
13-15yrs Thursday 5.10pm to 5.50pm GMT
13-15yrs Saturday 9.30am to 10.10am GMT
13-15yrs Saturday 6pm to 6.40pm GMT
16-18yrs Wednesday 6 pm to 6.40pm GMT
16-18yrs Thursday 6 pm to 6.40pm GMT
16-18yrs Saturday 10.30am to 11.10am GMT
16-18yrs Saturday 7pm to 7.40pm GMT
Our Konnect Program has been running in Cork since 2015 and it has received great feedback. We are now running these autism social skills classes online.
How it works:
Choose your preferred class time and we will send you a link to join the class on zoom closer to the start date.
What kind of things do we teach?
- All about me
- How to self-advocate
- Body Language
- Figurative use of language
- How other use their voices to communicate feeling
- Basic Introductions & interactions
- Vocal Volume
- Clever words to choose
- Conflict Resolution
- Developing Good Friendships not just friendships
- Relaxation Exercises
- Non-Verbal Communication (besides body language)
- Recognising “social mistakes”
- Coping with “social mistakes”
Now Enrolling for 18th Sept 2021
|Day||Age Group||Time GMT||Time PST (Pacific Standard Time)|
|Time AET (Australia Eastern Time)
|Wednesday||5-7yrs||3.30pm to 4.10pm GMT|
|Wednesday||8-12yrs||4.15pm to 4.55 pm GMT|
|Wednesday||13-15yrs||5 pm to 5.40pm GMT|
|Wednesday||16-18yrs||6 pm to 6.40pm GMT|
|Thursday||5-7yrs||3.30pm to 4.10pm GMT|
|Thursday||8-12yrs||4.15pm to 4.55pm GMT|
|Thursday||13-15yrs||5.10pm to 5.50pm GMT|
|Thursday||16-18yrs||6 pm to 6.40pm GMT|
|Friday||8-12yrs||7 am to 7.40am GMT||5pm to 5.40pm AET|
|Friday||5-7yrs||8 am to 8.40am GMT||6pm to 6.40pm AET|
|Friday||8-12yrs||8.45am to 9.25am GMT||6.45pm to 7.25pm AET|
|Friday||13-15yrs||9.30am to 10.10am GMT||7.30pm to 8.10pm AET|
|Saturday||8-12yrs||8.45am to 9.25am GMT||6.45pm to 7.25pm AET|
|Saturday||13-15yrs||9.30am to 10.10am GMT||7.30pm to 8.10pm AET|
|Saturday||16-18yrs||10.30am to 11.10am GMT||8.30pm to 9.10pm AET|
|Saturday||5-7yrs||11.15am to 11.55am GMT|
|Saturday||8-12yrs||12.00 to 12.40pm GMT|
|Saturday||5-7yrs||4.30pm to 5.10pm GMT||8.30am to 9.10am PST|
|Saturday||8-12yrs||5.15pm to 5.55 pm GMT||9.15am to 9.55am PST|
|Saturday||13-15yrs||6pm to 6.40pm GMT||10am to 10.40am PST|
|Saturday||16-18yrs||7pm to 7.40pm GMT||11am to 11.40am PST|