Autism and Social Skills Training Course
This course is for Parents & Professionals
Venue: Longford, Limerick, Kilkenny, Cork, Dublin, Shannon, Naas, Meath with more to come
Price: €95 per person
Price: €95 per person
About this autism course...
This course teaches parents and professionals to coach AUsome kidz how to understand and interpret other people around them. It gives lots of PRACTICAL STRATEGIES and SOLUTIONS and FRAMEWORKS to help you to create a successful environment for autistic kids, teens and young adults . This experience has been designed by Evaleen, founder of Konfident Kidz. Evaleen discovered that she is autistic in 2014 and has developed this course to teach children a language used by non-autistic people (or what other people call social skills)
AUTISTIC LED TRAININGThis program is taught in a respectful way. It’s only aim is to educate and not to change any inherent behaviour or nature of any of its pupils. There is no other course like it. Typical "social skills" courses focus on teaching autistic children to mimic non-autistic behaviour. Recent research shows how damaging this is. We are now training parents & professionals how to teach these communication skills in a respectful way to their children. The course also aims to educate parents and professionals on Autistic Communication The course is divided into 3 levels to build on the knowledge of language a child already has so we have activities to suit all ages and abilities from preschoolers to young adults. Price includes a certificate of attendance, tea/ coffee and Get Konnected Manual
- Explaining Autistic differences in communication.
- Looking at how these differences, when misunderstood, can effect a child’s happiness and self esteem.
- Positive solutions for both child & parent/ professional when we look at behaviour as part of communication. Introduction to Autistic Output
- All about me: Self exploration activities
- Body Language: what it is, what it means and how to teach children about it through games & activities.
- Introduction to Autistic Body Language for parents & professionals. (eye contact, autistic facial expressions & early signs of distress and signs of emotion)
- Vocal Communication: How others use their voices to show meaning or emotion.
- Introduction to autistic communication of emotions.
- Activities & Steps to teach “joining in” and how to read the group situation.
- Introduction to Autistic Sensory Input
- Teaching children about friendship and ways to evaluate a friendship.
- Introduction to Autistic Friendship Model
- Activities on teamwork & conflict resolution and why these are particularly difficult if you can’t read each others body language.
- Activities on conversations and how they work.
You will get over 35 strategies to coach kids in...
- Non-verbal communication
- Vocal Communication
- Joining In
- Making Friends
- Conflict Resolution
- Building Self Confidence
With my sons diagnosis 7 months earlier I felt lost with all the information out there. I saw the Konfident kids course and gave it a try. Best decision ever. Evaleen and the other facilitators at the course were amazing and provided the information in a friendly, relatable and understandable way. I learnt more in 20 minutes there than in all my previous research. I am also happy to say that with putting the activities into play at home, my son is coping much better and we all know what to look out for and how to help him. Highly recommended.
This course is an absolute MUST for any parent with a kid(s) with autism .. not only did it open my eyes/mind on what neuro-diversity is REALLY all about but also helped me better understand the different/ awesome way the autistic mind thinks and how the autistic heart truly feels ... it genuinely taught me acceptance and empowered me to realize I AM the best therapist my kid can have .. This course provides you with unique insights, techniques and strategies to help you help your child learn how to communicate effectively: understand the rules of dialogue, the complexity of our language (verbal and non-verbal) and how to interpret body language, facial expressions, tone, pitch etc .. I could not recommend enough ! A truly powerful course with powerful tools!
Wonderful to have training delivered by an autistic person. Evaleen's enthusiasm and positivity are infectious. As a teacher I feel much more equipped to support all the pupils. So much to take in! A great day!
A fantastic course, not the usual theory and so much practical advice. You made it so accessible and easy to understand. I came away with a whole new outlook and better understanding
I have done many night courses on autism but I never understood it until you explained it today. I'm thrilled I did it, I know I have so much now to offer in my role as SNA. Great energy and a fun day.
I loved all the activities. I can't wait to use them at school. Your ideas and practical advice were really helpful.
It was great to get some new perspective. Fantastic to have training designed by an autistic person.
Delighted I attended this training which was delivered by such a passionate facilitator. It really opened my eyes and gave me an important insight into what it is like for an autistic person living in a non autistic environment! Wouldn’t it be fab if something like this could be ran in schools around the country to help and support staff with autistic students.. Well done Evaleen