Effective communication through drama
This is a communications class for 13 to 16 year olds with Aspergers and on the spectrum .
This class teaches the elements of effective communication. We use drama games, role play, art and games specially designed by Konfident Kidz to give teens the tools to cope better in social situations.
This class focuses on enhancing your communicative abilities & skills. At Konfident Kidz we understand that brains are programmed differently and that kids can easily learn elements that come naturally to people who have differently programmed brains. This class just explains to them how to express themselves and their feelings, wants and needs in a way that everyone should understand.
We teach each topic in various CONTEXTS and employ some of Peter Vermeulen’s methods. Kids would need good language skills for this class.
You may notice that we leave out the word "disorder" in all of our descriptions, that is because we don't like the word "disorder", we appreciate that people’s brains are wired differently and that’s it! We just want everyone who enters our classes to leave a more confident, happy and self assured kid.
This is a 25 week course.
This class is for you if
- Your 13 - 16 year old has Aspergers or is a child with autism
- Your child needs direct teaching of figurative language
- Your teen needs help with reading & understanding non verbal communicative signals including facial expressions
- They has difficulty expressing their needs
- They find social situations awkward or difficult
What will be covered
- Coping with Social Mistakes
- Conversation Starters
- Continuing Conversation
- Listening Skills
- New Situations
- What to Share
- Showing Interest in Others
- The Voice and how we use it
- Literal Language
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Term 1 - €250
- Term 2 - €250
- 10% discount for the second and each subsequent child from the same family
- [eventButton id="27"]Book Now![/eventButton]
2016 / 2017 Teen Konnect Class Timetable
|Wednesday||Bishopstown||4:30 pm||13 - 16 years|